Saturday, April 16, 2011

OLW #49

This week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge is to use a stamp that has never seen ink and include the colours green and pink. I decided to use Awash with Flowers as it has only just arrived in my collection and I thought the colours would suit...
Stamps: Awash with Flowers,
Card: Textured White
Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red

I masked the flowers to stamp the leaves and stems. My plan was just to have the flowers and leaves roughly in the centre by themselves, but it just wasn't right, so I hand drew a border around them and it helped with the composition — which is still not perfect! The sentiment should have been left out all together because it looks tacked on, but I wasn't going through the whole process of masking etc. again to make another one without it!!!

6 comments:

  1. Красиво и много свежо!Поздрави!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout is lovely, Shelley,what patience to do all the cutting and masking. The colour are lovely and your hand drawn border ties in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, that masking is time consuming, but so worth it when the end result is this pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Shelley, I love the watercolour effect it gives.
    not seen this set of stamps before.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun flowers, Shelley! That hand-drawn border is the perfect frame for them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous and I just love that hand-drawn border!

    Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW49!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.