Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Blossoms

I have been patiently waiting, and have finally got the stamp set with this beautiful blossom. It is so elegant, I love it. I know it's not quite Mother's Day yet, but I wanted to try out this stamp on a card for my Mum.
Stamps: Easter Blossoms, Well Scripted
Card: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose

To start with I just used Pretty in Pink to colour the flowers, but it looked a bit flat, so I added some Regal Rose to the already shaded areas and it gave it more depth and richer looking pink blossoms. You can see the difference in the two pics below.


I have decided to enter this in the SoShelli Creative Challenge, which is all about spring this time.
In our garden we have some trees that blossom at the first sign of spring, even if it isn't warm yet. It is an announcement that winter has finished and spring is here. Then soon after, those beautiful new green leaves appear and you know that spring has set in.


Anyway, autumn is upon our part of the world at the moment, and the now green leaves on our large tree above are about to turn yellow through to red, and it will be gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.