Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thanks

It has been over a month since my last post, but much has happened in that time!! Some of you may know that I have had some health issues and have been unwell, and that earlier this year I was diagnosed with "medullary thyroid cancer". On 16 May I went into hospital to have a thyroidectomy and neck dissection. It was pretty scary, but all went well and I am now out of hospital and recovering well. Here is a picture of the damage two weeks after surgery, it zig zags down the side of my neck and then runs right across the front to my collar bone on the other side. It is healing really well.

There are so many people I want to thank, for their help and thoughts and prayers and cards and flowers and visits...
I will be making thank you cards for months! Here are two thank you cards that I decided to enter in the "Less is More" challenge this week. The same design but reversed!


Stamps: Eastern Blooms
Card: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red (top card), Cherry Cobbler (bottom card)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler
Other: White Embossing Powder, Many Thanks Sizzlits Die

A simple design, but arranging those letters in just the right place was somewhat tedious! I am happy with the results though — it was worth it. (I just won't be making large quantities of them!)

Thanks for stopping by — it is great to be back in blogland again :)

Love Shell

18 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley,
    Good to have you back. Glad the surgery went well, it's a pretty neat scar. Hope you are back to 100% real soon,
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley,
    We have missed you!
    It's so great to see you back and healing so well.
    It's really good news to read that things are progressing well. I'm sure the scar will continue to fade much more with time.
    Your cards are stunning, How clever to do positive and negative versions... I'm not quite sure how you did it, do you have positive and negative stamps?
    All good wishes for your continued recovery and thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are on the mend Shelley and I bet it felt good getting those stamps out again :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. just fabulous - the images and red and white look stunning.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sarah at 281

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards


    Glad you are making a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are doing well. You are lovely as ever! Your cards are GORGEOUS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you well and hope that you heal quickly although I must say your scar looks great after only two weeks. Beautiful cards both beautifully crafted and very dynamic.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're back! I've missed seeing your beautiful creations. And these two cards are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shelley! So glad that you're healing well! How stressful life must have been for you and your family! Sending you big {{{hugs}}} and hoping and praying for your healing to continue!

    LOVE both cards...not sure how you did the reverse, but it looks FAB!!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shelley, you're such a brave soul, so glad everything went well and your healing nicely. Stunning cards, just love the colours :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fabulous cards. Glad your health is getting better.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards. Hope you continue to heal well. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great to know that you have the operation behind you and you are on the road to a good recovery. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shelley, I love your beautiful smile. Glad to see you and your, as usual, stunning cards. Love to you and yours. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Shelley, it is lovely to hear from you again, I am glad your treatment has gone smoothly so far. I hope everything continues to progress really positively. Your cards are lovely, so crisp and bright.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been missed!! I check your blog all the time. Welcome back. I hope you're feeling better and better each day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are absolutely stunning Shelley. You look gorgeous too and I'm so glad you're back doing some card making. Such a talent! Love and hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shelley

    I'm so very, very glad to hear that the surgery went well and you're recovering. All the best for your future recovery.

    And the cards and beautiful! I'm a huge fan of simple, yet stunning and glad to see that you're getting your creative juices flowing again.

    All the best - Chantal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.