Thursday, January 20, 2011

Summer Garden

My collection of DSP keeps slowly growing. I only buy the packs that I really like, but there are always bits and pieces that don't get used straight away, or the pieces are so nice I can't bring myself to cut them up! This year I am determined to use up what I have.

Often I sit for ages staring at a piece, trying to work out how I want to use it, but give up. Then sometimes, out of nowhere, an idea comes for a piece I looked at the week before. That is what happened for this DSP (from a Mini Catty 2 years ago!).

It was in the wee hours yesterday morning, when I was woken at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep, that I had the inspiration for this card...
Stamps: Just Believe, Botanical Blooms (2009 Sale-A-Bration Set)
Paper: Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP
Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red

The great thing about this style of two-step stamps is that it doesn't matter if they don't line up perfectly. I like the look when the images are a little offset. You could use a stamp-a-ma-jig if you were fussy about positioning! I have "stamped off" the leaves again without the outline image to create more depth.

I had a roll of black & white gingham ribbon out ready to add, but it was too much. I was trying to make it work but sometimes you have to restrain yourself from adding things because you have them. This card looked best just as it is. I liked it so much in the end that I made four of them — and used up most of that sheet of DSP!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is... wow! Okay not true, I can say more: I absolutely love the offset colour look that you have achieved so beautifully here. And you know when to stop adding embellishments which is a talent in itself! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.