Wednesday, August 8, 2012

OLW99

This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge is to be inspired by a picture on Susan's Pure Inspiration Board on Pinterest. I was inspired by many things, and this is what happened...

Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Bring on the Cake
Card: 
Baja Breeze, Whisper White (on inside)
Ink: Soft Suede, Versa Mark
Other: White embossing powder

I made this card for a friend who had a birthday on Monday! Eastern Blooms happens to be a stamp set she really likes, so it was a good choice :) And it didn't involve any candles like the card I made her last year for her big '0' birthday!

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Shelley! I love how you've echoed the two colours with your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card...love the colours you used...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze me with your gorgeous creations Shell. Love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beyond Beautiful! Great Job casing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Love the stamping with the two different colored inks. I'm sure your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your OLW card is great, Shelley! It has a lot of depth and impact for one layer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an unusual colour combo that is, Shelley. By the way, I am your newest follower and I do think that your cards are very, very pretty.
    I went through a lot of your posts and realized what a strong, admirable and remarkable lady you are. May your positive attitude and resilience make you even stronger. And I know for sure that card making is great therapy...

    Happy to be your follower,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelley, this is beyond pretty. I love the elegance and depth you achieved with just one layer, and the colors are absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.