Monday, July 6, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #9

Well… here I am using similar colours to my last post!!

This was what I came up with for Keesh's challenge this week. I was inspired by the painting in the picture, and wanted to try out a sunset sky with a silhouette stamp. Not sure exactly what I think of the outcome but here it is.


I have sponged Pumpkin Pie and Regal Rose ink over some torn cardstock to create the layered cloud effect. The grass and flowers from the Inspired by Nature stamp set I have stamped over the top using Close to Cocoa ink. Then I've torn a piece of Cocoa card for the foreground. I love the texture that tearing adds to a card!

10 comments:

  1. Shelley... This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS>
    I LOVE how you've created the sunset as your background.... The whole card is just beautiful.

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of Makeesha's challenge. Very pretty sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous, puts my attempt at a sunset totally to shame. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, this is stunning! love the sky, love the whole effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love the background - that sunset is gorgeous! Great take on the challenge!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! GREAT card! I love the sponging! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG OMG OMG Shelly...this card is stunning. The cloud like feel is awsome and u shd be v v proud of this amazing work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments.
    Fiona, your "attempt" is great. I really like the sunset effect you've achieved on your card.
    Congrats to you Nancy on being a guest designer in Keesh's team this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!! THe clouds in the background, the amazing silhouette in the front, WOW!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Simply stunning! I love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.